(click on the photos to make ’em bigger!)
My mom found this recipe on a diabetic site awhile ago, I don’t remember where. But we have been making it a lot cause it is so good!! It is super easy to make and have I mentioned how good it is? Lol. I’ll type out the recipe because like I said, I don’t remember where she got it and her handwriting might be hard to read if I post a photo of it, so here we go!
Nacho Skillet Dinner (Serves 4)
- 12 ounces of ground turkey
- 15 ounces of kidney beans (canned without salt) ((also drain))
- 16 ounces of tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1 cup of frozen yellow corn
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp o chili powder
- 1 cup of fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag of baked and unsalted tortilla chips
– Spray 12″ skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat
– Cook ground turkey until no longer pink, add beans, tomato sauce, corn, and the seasonings.
– Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
– Put onto plate, put desired amount of mozzarella cheese on your dish along with the amount of chips and enjoy!!
I hope you guys try this dish out if you are looking for something different and healthy to try!!